Wireless iPhone Qi chargers tend to look pretty boring; they are usually just a circular pad to throw your phone on. I wanted to see if I could make a cooler looking one using Legos!
The process is pretty straightforward but here’s a guide with pictures below.
- Buy the cheapest wireless charger you can find
- Carefully crack it open, taking care not to damage the internal chip/coils
- Sandwich the coil between two flat pieces – it’s about the thickness of a flat pieces
- Flip over, and fold the chip to be on the opposite side as the coil
- Add bricks that block the chip from being pulled out from the USB cable
- Cover up the top with flat bricks
- Cover up the exposed circuitry on the bottom with bricks
- Top view
- Side view